A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Saturday 17 August 2013

Who doesn't love yellow?

I found two t-shirts at Save Mart, one was grey/yellow stripe and the other was plain yellow - perfect for a three tier girls dress I had seen from Prudent Baby


So I made a few modifications to the tutorial.  I had to make the pattern bigger (and I made it quite big so will fit for a while), I didn't have enough material to make a lining for the bodice so I needed to finish the edges another way.


Using an existing garment can make sewing quicker as you can use the hems that are already there.  I always hate hemming :)


Around the edges I used fabric from the tshirts to create a binding.  The best thing about knit is you don't have to overlock it!  This is just for kindy so I didn't want to spend too much time on it.  Stretch might be my new favourite fabric ;)


Next up was a jumper for each child as they were running low.  Again I just used what I had - an old merino jersey of mine for Thea, and some merino I picked up at a fair a few years ago.


I used the Flashback Tee pattern again.  I swear, this is my new favourite pattern - so versatile, especially as it goes up to size 10!


For Thea's I wanted to add some colour, so a pink striped pocket on the front 'girlies' it up.


And my cutey seven year old even likes his jumper, and let me take some photos of him!  Pretty unheard of these days...



Both kids are going to wear their new clothes when we pick up nana from the airport tomorrow.


Until next time, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment