A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Wednesday 28 August 2013

Sick day sewing

I am on day four of having the kids at home sick, which means I have missed out on both my Sewing Club, but also my weekly Tuesday morning sewing.

So today I decided to sew, and leave them to their own devices!

Thea hung out with me, cutting up bits of scrap, passing me pins and generally chattering away.  Oscar read in his room (love it when they get to that age!) so I didn't have to resort to a DVD babysitter :)

Today I made one thing for each of them - Thea some shorts and Oscar a new school book bag.

My husband gave me his star wars pillow cases from when he was a child, and as Oscar is still Star Wars mad (as are most of his friends), I thought he would be the envy of his classmates with a book bag.






For Thea, I gave KID Shorts pattern from Made a go - Dana's patterns are so easy to sew and to follow, and this one has heaps of different variations.  I chose the flat front with front pockets version.



I made it in knit so didn't bother finishing the seams - nice and quick for kindy!

Until next time,
Melissa





No comments:

Post a Comment