A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Saturday 3 December 2011

Oh (pretend) Chrismas Tree

I LOVE Christmas.  Every year when I open up the box of Christmas decorations it's like opening presents or something, I just adore unwrapping each decoration and admiring it for all its beauty.  My mum started a tradition when I was younger that I have carried on with my kids - we give a decoration each year.  My hope is that when the kids have their own homes, I can turn up one Christmas with a box full of their decorations since they were born...awesome eh.

Anyway, I enjoy decorating the house not just one tree and I have stolen this idea from my mum.


So, what does a spiral bean grower thingy and tulle have to do with Christmas?




 They can make a pretend Christmas tree of course!



I purchased the black, metal spiral thing from The Warehouse for $20 (I have seen cane ones too, that would be cool) and then two metres of black tulle from Spotlight for under $15.  I literally stuffed the tulle up into the cone and then hung decorations from it.



It doesn't have any pokey out bits so you need decorations that can clip or have a long enough string to tie.  I would like to purchase some clip decorations which I will do in the sales after Christmas.

So there you go, it looks effective and if you don't want a tree why don't you try this instead?

Till next time, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment