A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Tuesday 29 November 2011

Once I was a T-shirt

Last week a friend of mine picked up a bargin find at the op shop for $4. A size 12 girls tshirt. Too small for her angel, too big for mine. Today in about 30 minutes, while chatting on the phone, I have transformed it into a little dress for Macie.
I based it on a pattern by Leila and Ben http://leilaandben.com/sweetdress.htm that I have used several times in the past.

For this t shirt transformation I just cut of the neck band and folded the tshirt over about 1cm and stitched around it leaving an opening about 4 cm wide. I threaded through some 6 mm elastic, joined it and closed the hole.
For the sleeves I used the hem already there and just cut the cotton to make a wee hole to thread the elastic through, closing it when I had finished.

All done, super quick and fool proof. Looks pretty neat eh?
I would recommend pinning down the two year old to try it on first - Macie's arm elastic is a little loose but this little firecracker was busy in the sandpit and couldn't be bribed to assist!

Happy Christmas crafting! A xx

1 comment:

  1. it rocks - so did you cut off just below the arm holes that were already there - or just below the neck line??? I think for me I need a step by step photo guide...........pretty please! Looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete