A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Friday 4 November 2011

A good storage solution that looks pretty neat!

I don’t know about you, but most of my crafting is for other people (I don’t even make that much for my kids really).  The lead up to Christmas is crazy and I still have many, many projects to do.

But sometimes I get a bit fed up of making stuff for others and want to make something for me.  So while this project should have been left to after Christmas I wanted to reward myself so I just did it.

I got the idea for this bobbin/thread holder from Pinterest.  As you know I am setting up a craft room and I want to have as much space as possible on the desks so putting these up on the wall is perfect – it looks amazing, plus clears space on the desk.





The one I saw on Pinterest was made up completely but my father had an old wooden cherry box lying around which I thought would be cool.  I just needed to add three shelves to it.

So yeah really easy – I painted the box white and the shelves in a soft pink called Dulux Fruitlands.  Then nailed together at the sides, then nailed in wee nails to the shelves for my bobbins.



Isn’t it cool!

I just love going into my craft room and staring at it J

Until next time, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment