A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Saturday 17 September 2011

UFO's (Un-Finished Objects) EVERYWHERE

I have a sewing table covered in half finished projects and today I was determined to get at least 3 of them finished. There are more in my crochet bag but that is for another weekend.

So... today's tasks... Several weeks ago I cut out and overlocked the pieces for a gorgeous green skirt for Macie's summer wardrobe. This skirt is from a pattern I purchased of ETSY called the Twirl Skirt from La-Tee-Da- Kids. All I had to do today was gather the three pieces, sew them together, hem and put in elastic. Tick, skirt finished.

The second job was to complete the butterfly wings I cut out and preparted at craft group a week ago.(Tutorial on this in the making). I made a mad dash to Thimbles and Threads to get some more 'steam-a-seam' to fuse the coloured pieces to my black wings. That allowed me to play around with the 'design' of the wings a bit more. Happy with the layout of my wings, I ironed them on and then edge stitched to secure. I am told that steam a seam is quite reliable and sticks quite well but I was keen to make sure that with a 2 year old wearing the wings they weren't going to fall apart during a very important first wearing. Tick, butterfly wings finished.

Third job, easy peasy. The butterfly dress had been delivered back after being snapped at Melissa's house. All that was needed was a quick try on and a hem length decided. That is now hemmed and ready to wear too. Tick, dress finished.


Boy Macie is a lucky girl. 3 projects all for her .... pity she still has 3 weeks to wait to wear them as they are all for her birthday!!

Have you got any pressing UFO's on your sewing table or in a cupboard waiting for a few hours of your time to finish them off.... Perhaps put aside a day, an hour, an evening to get them out and dust them off. It is very satisfying completing a project. Hehe, now that there is a significant gap on my sewing table I must fill it up with more UFO's! Happy sewing everyone. A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment