A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Thursday 8 November 2012

Easy crochet doll blanket

1Amber did a 'learn to crochet' class a few weeks ago and made a doll's blanket for her daughter.  Of course my daughter wanted one too!



I used an easy granny squares pattern I found on the internet, and basically just kept doing rounds until I felt it was the right size.  To finish, I did one round of single crochet to give it a nice edge.



In some ways I prefer crochet over knitting - it's more portable and easy to do with the kids around,  I also find it 'flows' better for me and can be quicker!

The worst part?  Weaving in the ends, especially when changing colours so much.

This wee blanket would make a great present for a little girl who's into dolls...of course now my son is demanding one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment