A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Saturday 26 May 2012

Pretty neat doll!

My sewing friend sent me a link to the most adorable fabric doll kit - a Roxy Long Socks.  I just had to get one and Thea was extremely excited when it came in the mail.

This was a lovely project that we did together - she's older now and very sure of what she wants (!) and even though I tried to steer her in the winter doll option, she was adament that it was the springtime option that was perfect for her.

So I got out all my fabric scraps and we picked the fabric together - again she was pretty sure about what she wanted but I managed to get a few of her quilt colours in there.

The doll was quick and easy to sew up - Thea sat beside me passing me the stuffing so it was totally a team effort.


I think she's pretty happy with it!




I am still keen to make the winter doll (it has a hood!) but I know plenty of girls that I can sew for.  The great thing about this pattern is you can purchase the faces seperately so I think I will have a few tucked away for later.  It's also a great project for scraps.

Till next time
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment