A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Sunday 29 April 2012

My love affair with Amy Butler

I was first introduced to Amy Butler by Amber a few years ago.  I love both her patterns (which are so easy to follow) and her fabric.

One Christmas I made all the women in my family one of her reversible swing bags, this is where I was first introduced to perhaps my favourite of her fabrics - Morning Glory in Linen which is part of the Lotus range.

The next thing I tackled was her Barcelona Skirt, again so easy and looks so effective.  I have made two of these, one in purple/brown/white and the black/white one below.


Since then I have used her fabric and patterns often.

Amber made me this bag out of her Style Stitches book for my birthday last year.


At the end of last year I made her Frenchy Bag out of Joel Dewberry:


And then her Birdie Sling out of Tanya Whelan:



A few weeks ago, during Sew Club, I made a Gum Drop Pillow out of the Lotus range of fabrics:


This is in my lounge and to match it, I am currently making my first ever quilt!  Amber's mum is teaching a group of us how to make lap quilts (more on that to come) but here's one of my blocks, again in the Lotus range:


So there you go.  Still so many patterns and fabrics in her range to try.  Also rather exciting is her husband's range of fabrics.  I have a few charm packs of the Curious Nature range coming and I plan to make a quilt for Oscar's bed with this, pretty neat eh!




Till next time
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment