A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Monday 17 October 2011

Its a Small World

Hello lovely crafty people
I have been truely amazed this week. Recently we did our lucky draw for the Origami Bag after we reached 50 likes on our facebook page. The winner was an awesome quilter and crafter from the USA, named Lynne. Both Melissa and I didn't know this person and set about contacting her to let her know she had won. We both wondered where the connection lay between who we knew that knew Lynne. Most of our other 'likes' and followers are friends of friends or family. We were both pretty stoked that it appeared we had a random 'like' that wasn't connected with either of us. Little did we know, we were right......almost.

A short time later, my mum emailed me and a group of her friends about a quilting retreat she had recently attended, an old girls weekend. She also sent out a pic of Macie and her baby cousin - bit like Grandma's brag 'email'. From these two emails, several women replied to all....so one morning in my inbox was an email from our facebook winner, Lynne. I was totally blown away. Lynne is a friend of my mum's! A quilting buddy from the USA. Pleased to know who Lynne was I assumed she had followed prettyneateh? because of mum so I emailed and said who I was. She replied and explained that she never knew that I was part of prettyneateh? and hadn't made the connection that I was Pauline's daughter. So it was a random follower to begin with!!! Funnily enough, Lynne and I met each other a couple of years ago at a quilt festival here in NZ. Such a small world.

It amazes me that crafting can make our world such a small and familiar place. It draws people and family together from across the world. It provides inspiration, joy, love and opportunity to each of us. I think that it pretty neat. A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment