A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Wednesday 5 October 2011

Its Birthday Week!

Its birthday week in our house. Macie and I celebrate our birthdays 8 days apart. Its a special time for us because Macie was born on my Grandad's birthday. Grandad had passed away while I was pregnant with her and he knew that his fifth Great Grandchild was due close to his birthday. For my whole life the 6th and 14th of October have been special.

For her birthday this year we decided to go with a butterfly theme. Macie, mad on butterflies, made this an easy choice. She received the butterfly wings and dress (previously blogged), a cool butterfly hoodie and we borrowed more wings from kindy so that all her little friends could be beautiful butterflies too.

We have been lucky to go to a few other crafty birthday parties recently and in the little party bags were gorgeous hand made gifts. Personal one, well thought out. With butterflies being the theme, I decided to make little stuffed butterflies that hang from a clip. Macie's little friends could attach it to their bags, belts, baby prams, where ever they choose.
I found a little template for a butterfly in Amy Bulters Little Stitches for Little Ones. The $2 shop had lots of clips to choose and I have 2 boxes of scraps perfect for this project. I just added a tiny strap to hang the clip from. Check out the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment