A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Saturday 15 June 2013

Its Cullen's Turn

How many of you crafters are guilty like me? I have a son and a daughter and my daughter does way better out of my crafting than my son. Don't get me wrong - he doesn't get nothing. Over the years he has had many a project focused on him like a darth vadar cape, long shorts, pj pants, wallets, pouches, crochet beanies... to name a few. However, Macie definitely gets flooded with gifts of the sewing machine. Girls are more interesting to sew for perhaps - skirts, dresses, tops, dolls, dolls clothes..... jackets, pants, hair accessories.... 

Anyway, today it was Cullen's turn. I was excited, he was really excited.

My project was an upcycled merino jersey that belonged to my husband. It was a work one that could no longer be worn to work due to the bank changing names and the wee hole in the sleeve. It was still in really really good nick and given that my hubbie is a 2xl, plenty of fabric to play with. I also had some contrasting merino in a green and grey stripe that I had in my stash from a recent Martinborough fair. (If you are ever able to go to the fair, the off cut merino stalls are a great way to pick up a metre or so of great merino in plenty of colours for projects like this one for a very reasonable price).

I found a great burda pattern.. its pattern 9614, sorry poor pic but you get the idea.


 It has four options for knit fabrics. Short and long sleeve t shirts, a hoodied t shirt like one below and a no hood option. Great valued pattern - it comes in size 3-13! Only downside is, you have to trace your pattern pieces and make your own if you want the pattern to actually last up until size 13. I have the size 7 cut out now and will also do a size 5 for Macie next. 

 So here is my handsome red head modelling his new top. These are proud smiles!

 We quite like the wee pocket option on the front.

Great days sewing today on this rainy Sunday. Macie has her 2nd pair of PJ pants, and we have cut out her Belle dress ready for Sew Club this week. I look forward to sharing with you the trials and successes of sewing that. Looks darn fiddly. Here are the pj pants in any case - not fiddly at all ;)

Happy sewing this week! A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment