A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Monday 20 February 2012

I love that I sew

Shopping in op shops is so much fun when you can sew I think... Today Macie and I were out walking with friends and we came across our favourite op shop, The Red Cross Shop. I had a credit note to use up and as there was nothing there for me ;) I looked in the children's area for Macie and/or Cullen. I stumbled across this gorgeous wee top. Grey knit with white apples on it. SOOOO cute... I knew it was way way to big for Macie but with a couple of pins, a bit of straight stitching it would be transformed.

Home we came, Miss Macie delighted with her purchase. After trying it on for the correct sizing, we sat down together to sew 4 seams.

We bought in each side seam about 2 inches and trimmed it to about half an inch (so I can let it out a bit later).
Then we made the straps shorter in the fastest and easiest way...
Fold them down and resew the hem ;)

Lastly I need to move the gorgeous red buttons across on the front... when I can get it back off her!
Not bad for $7.50.. a size 10 top now a roomy size 3. Pretty neat eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment