A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Tuesday 27 December 2011

A Few Chrissy Pressies from me too

Phew, Christmas over for another year. Kind of feel bitter sweet about it really. It is such a massive build up, loads of time spent crafting gifts for loved ones, plenty of excitement around the fat dude in red, doses of anticipation from the kiddies. All good fun. My sewing machine in looking forward to a well earned service in the next couple of weeks but I am a little reluctant to give it up...even for a week! The poor ole thing was running red hot the week and a half leading up to Christmas eve starting and completing projects. Like Melissa, I vow to start earlier next year, unlike Melissa, I left all of mine right til the last minute.. nothing like a bit of pressure aye?!

Here are a few things I created for my family..
Baby bunting for Phoenix featuring gorgeous Dinosaur fabric


Funky long shorts for Cullen using Michael Millers Groovy Guitar fabric. I adapted a Burda pattern for these. Have since made a 2nd pair which I added a pair of pockets from some old jeans onto the backside.

A Darth Vadar cape for my gorgeous nephew... Xmas bunting visable there in the background too.

A really really easy little wallet - great for gift cards! Available here... or from Thimbles I believe.
Macie got these wicked shorts on Boxing Day (a great day to sew!) I picked up the fabric from Thimbles and Threads for only $12 a metre. I love them. The pattern is from Clever Charlotte.

I am halfway through another pair for her. These ones have been worn twice already. Uber cute!

I also managed to make several little pairs of dolls nappies with matching elastic wasted skirts for Macie's little friend's, a handful of bibs for the babies in my world, a wicked fabric bowl (pics and tutorial to come), several triangle purses (like Melissa's ones already blogged) which held bubble mixture for the kiddies. My niece was the happy recipient of a shockingly pink journal cover and matching triangle purse that I made long enough to fit a packet of gel pens.

Christmas done for 2011. Its wonderful to see faces when they open a handcrafted gift isn't it.?.

Merry Christmas to all of our followers. Happy New Year and happy sewing for 2012. A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment