A tale of two extraordinary lives filled with children, craft and laughter



Sunday 21 August 2011

Amy Butler Anyone?

So, Amy Butler is one of my favourite, scratch that, IS my favourite designer. She designs fabric and patterns for a whole range of things. Bags, clothing, cushions, quilts to name a few. Over the past couple of years I have collected a few of her books and have half a dozen or so patterns. All of which I love and freqently get great compliments on. Many have been made into gifts for friends and family also.

One of my recent addtions is her book STYLE STITCHES.
This book is full of wonderful bags made with incredible fabrics. I used two of the patterns now. The Teardrop bag and the Origami Bag Set. I am really excited to make the bag featured on the front for a friend with the wicked vintage material she has found which will, no doubt, be perfect!

I love the way that Amy Bulter writes clear, detailed instructions that often have diagrams to allow you to see exactly what to do. You can't go wrong really.

Last night, I had got in a couple of hours sewing. I made 3 of the origami bags.

There are 6 sizes in all, ranging from a small pencil case size (as pictured) to x-large.
This is the smallest size - perfect for crochet hook and scissors!

The green one is the 3rd size. Same shape, just a little bigger!

I am in love with these bags and think they make a wonderful gift. I also think I need the whole set!!!!!

I think they are pretty neat! Axx

No comments:

Post a Comment